Who are we?
Pragmatic is a world leader in semiconductor innovation, revolutionising semiconductor fabrication with ultra-low-cost, flexible integrated circuit (FlexIC) technology that makes it quick and easy to embed intelligence almost anywhere. Our revolutionary technology uses thin-film semiconductors to create flexible integrated circuits that are thinner than a human hair, and are significantly cheaper and faster to produce than silicon chips. With rapid cycle times that substantially accelerate time to market, our foundry provides high-volume fabrication at a fraction of the cost of silicon, and with significantly lower environmental impact.
Our vision is a world where everyone, everywhere will touch our technology throughout their everyday lives. We are a team of passionately innovative people designing and manufacturing products that solve a range of global problems encountered every day, with our core values truly embedded in all our business processes and decisions.
Pragmatic is headquartered in Cambridge, UK, with our first fab operating in Sedgefield, and a second fab under construction at our new 15-acre Pragmatic Park site in Durham.
We are always on the lookout for talented, ambitious graduates who are keen to play a part of our unique journey and growth. Graduates are a critical part of our growth plans for 2024 and beyond, with many of our team having joined as graduates and progressed through the company. 2024 will see us grow considerably across all functions as we scale up our technology and manufacturing capacity. In particular, we are looking for candidates in the following areas:
- Design (IC, ASIC, PDK, RF, Layout, Electronic/Embedded)
- Test Development/Validation
- Process Engineering (Process Development, Process Integration)
- Data Science/Software Engineering (Python, R, SQL, Tableau)
- Commercial (Sales, Business Development, Applications Engineering, Marketing)
- Corporate Services (People, Legal/IP, Finance, Procurement and Supply Chain, IT)
- Research and Development
Degrees in courses such as Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Physics, Computer Science and Chemistry are particularly desirable, however the main attribute we look for is the person, and the ability to learn.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for bright, engaging graduates with a desire to learn, grow and develop and who will thrive in a people-focussed, values-centric company. An interest in technology and working with like-minded people is essential, as is the desire to be part of the success of a hugely ambitious company.
Above all, we look for candidates that truly live out our core values (Pragmatism, Aspiration, Respect, Integrity, Enthusiasm and Tenacity) - these are central to everything we do.
What can Pragmatic offer?
- Innovation: Pragmatic is an innovative environment with a culture that focuses on collaboration and giving colleagues the freedom and flexibility to try out new ideas and different approaches to create pioneering solutions that improve everyday life.
- Culture: we are very proud of our diverse workforce, and have a strong commitment towards DE&I and being a fair and inclusive employer.
- Progression: we have a very strong track record of internal progression, with a high emphasis on developing our talent. We recognise contributions and reward performance.
- Growth: we have extremely exciting global expansion plans, with a very ambitious mission and objectives.
- Variety: no day is the same here, and we have a very positive attitude towards internal mobility, allowing employees to explore different areas and thrive. We support and encourage everyone to develop new skills, with plenty of opportunities to learn new ones.
- Benefits: we offer a very attractive benefits package which includes Private Medical Insurance, BUPA Cash Plan, Income Protection, Visa/Relocation reimbursement amongst others. We can also offer flexible working opportunities.
Please apply via this link, or contact one of the Talent Team (email@example.com) if you have any questions - we look forward to hearing from you!