PragmatIC is seeking a Device Development Engineer to join its expanding R&D team in Sedgefield. As part of the R&D team, the successful candidate will report to the Emerging Technologies Manager and will lead and support the development activities including but not limited to device fabrication, metrology and electrical test, working closely with the Process Engineering and Test teams.
- Lead device fabrication, metrology, test and data analysis activities
- Carry out and coordinate electrical characterisation of devices and circuits
- Document, present and disseminate work undertaken effectively
Qualifications and training
The successful candidate will ideally be educated to Masters or PhD level in Electronics, Microelectronics, Physics or a similar discipline.
Skills and experience
- Knowledge of thin film and semiconductor physics, technologies, and electrical characterisation techniques.
- Experience with microfabrication and metrology techniques including photolithography, dry and wet etching, PVD, ALD, SEM, AFM, ellipsometry, etc
- Experience in carrying out device level DC and AC electrical tests (advantage)
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and ability to progress multiple projects in parallel
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with statistical methods and tools (R, JMP, Python etc) for data analysis (advantage)
This is an excellent opportunity to join our thriving R&D team during an extremely exciting period of growth for the business.