Pragmatic’s FlexIC Foundry makes flexible integrated circuits available to a wide range of customers, each with their own custom application and market area.
Pragmatic’s PDK Team supports this by ensuring accurate translation of process capability into the design environment. As part of the team’s expansion, we are seeking a PDK Engineer to design, develop, maintain and test Process Design Kits (PDKs) for our released and upcoming in-house semiconductor technologies. The PDK Engineer will work closely with the process development, modelling and chip design teams to enrich the PDK offering and improve its quality.
This position is especially suitable for a candidate who has a keen interest in automation, strong software and Linux skills, and is familiar with the basic IC design flow.
- Development of new features both for existing and emerging technology platforms.
- Maintenance of Pragmatic’s PDKs.
- Development and automation of the regression test suite.
- Close collaboration with internal stakeholders to clarify requirements and propose efficient solutions.
- Help to define and implement the PDK Team’s test and release infrastructure.
Qualifications and training
The successful candidate will be educated to degree or post-graduate degree level in Electrical Engineering or a related field and will ideally demonstrate a strong background in Circuit Design and/or Electronics.
Skills and experience
- Extensive experience with Unix, especially scripting (shell, python, perl).
- Very good communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Familiarity with Cadence EDA tools and basic knowledge of skill.
- Good understanding of how a PDK is used in the design flow (especially in simulation) and how the different components of a PDK fit together.
- Experience of defining PDK release infrastructure (advantage).
- Experience of other mainstream EDA tools (advantage).
- Familiarity with digital design flow (advantage).
- Knowledge of CMOS or TFT process technologies (advantage).