PragmatIC is seeking an experienced Knowledge Manager to guide and support staff at all levels in creating, finding and sharing knowledge across the company. Reporting to the IP Manager, this role combines the capability to understand the importance and implications of key document attributes in the context of high technology manufacturing, with practical experience of commercial document sharing tools.
- Develop, maintain and curate content created across the company, and specify methods for its management, to ensure that staff can easily find what they need to know
- Enable and maintain the protection of sensitive information, such as trade secrets or other commercially valuable information, from inappropriate access and/or disclosure
- Contribute to the development of the company’s knowledge management tools, systems and structures
- Provide training and troubleshooting materials and events
- Proactively seek out user challenges associated with document and knowledge management
Qualifications and training
The successful candidate will ideally be educated to degree or post graduate level. Additional qualifications or training (BSc or MSc in KM, or CILIP Professional Registration) and training certification in SharePoint would be advantageous.
Skills and experience
- Previous experience of managing organisational knowledge using commercial tools and intranets, for example MS SharePoint online, MS Teams
- Strong ability to assess and communicate complex information across disciplines in a clear, logical manner – both verbally and in documents
- Intellectual curiosity in technical subjects, ideally semiconductors, and strong aptitude in information technologies
- Engaging, approachable and practical manner with excellent interpersonal skills
- Sharp attention to detail
- Previous experience of document automation, query / bug resolution tools, or other knowledge-rich productivity systems (advantage)
This will be a key role in the company, working across various functions of the business, during an extremely exciting period of growth.