PragmatIC is looking for an IC Design Engineer to work in our EDA and PDK teams, developing analogue and mixed-signal integrated circuits using our unique flexible technology. Reporting to the IC Design Manager and forming part of our expanding R&D team, you will use your in-depth knowledge of circuit design, design flows and process technology to create new devices and contribute to the technical direction of the company. The successful candidate will be a team player who can work well with colleagues in other departments.
- Analogue and mixed signal VLSI design and simulation
- Full custom and analogue layout and verification
- Development of analogue design flows
- Design evaluation
- Product design documentation
Qualifications and training
The successful candidate will ideally be educated to Masters or PhD level in Electronics or Electrical Engineering (or will possess equivalent experience).
Skills and experience
- Track record of innovation in VLSI design and layout of analogue/digital and mixed-signal circuits
- Demonstrable experience with SPICE, extracted and mixed-mode simulations and verification tools (Calibre)
- Experience of memory and memory compilers
- Experience of setting up or debugging analogue design flows
- Experience of lab evaluations
- TFT, metal oxide or organic design experience - advantage
- Strong scripting ability (Unix/Linux, sh, perl, C etc.) - advantage
- Evidence of excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with internal and external partners
- Strong report writing and technical presentation abilities
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Willingness to work under pressure to tight deadlines
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing team during a very exciting period at PragmatIC.