PragmatIC is seeking an experienced Dry Etch Process Development Engineer to join our rapidly growing team.
Reporting to the Vacuum Processes Manager, the successful candidate will be based at our state-of-the-art production facility in the North East of England. The successful candidate will have had some experience in Dry Etch processing for semiconductor circuit manufacture – within industry or university setting. The ideal candidate will hold a minimum degree level qualification in an Engineering or Science based discipline and some experience within the industry.
The key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Work with Senior Dry Etch engineer to sustain and develop Dry Etch processes for metals and metal oxides
- Troubleshoot and resolve typical processing issues within Dry Etch systems
- Liaise with tool suppliers and customers where required
- Provide technical etch process support to Operations and Maintenance teams
- Develop and put into practice suitable SPC for the PVD sputtering processes
- Provide technical etching process assistance to a 24/7 manufacturing environment
Qualifications and experience
The ideal candidate will be degree qualified in Electrical Engineering or similar field; a post-graduate degree with a focus on Semiconductor Engineering would be advantageous. You will also have:
- Preferably some Engineering experience in a Semiconductor Manufacturing environment
- Experience with statistical tools such as MATLab, Minitab, SAS-JMP, use of DoEs
- Data analysis skills and experience
- Demonstrate an understanding of semiconductor circuit function and construction
- Had exposure to a variety of Dry Etch systems or techniques and be able to identify pros / cons of each
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established and thriving team, during an exciting period of growth across the business.