PragmatIC is recruiting a Test Development Engineer to join our growing Product and Applications team. The role will encompass a wide range of test development on both analogue and digital integrated circuits, working alongside IC designers and Electronics Engineers to develop new IP and demonstrators for both internal and external customers.
Reporting initially to the VP Product & Applications, this role will contribute directly to the evaluation and characterisation of manufactured circuitry, as well as analysis of robustness and reliability across realised process corners. Application domains will vary from ADCs and sensor readout to microprocessors and digital display drivers, with an opportunity to develop skill sets along the way.
- Working in the lab you will design, develop, document and implement procedures for evaluating and testing FlexICs
- Write programs in Python or LabVIEW to control test equipment such as (oscilloscopes, pattern generators and source measure units)
- Analyse test data for vast amounts of FlexICs
- Write reports and present your findings and provide fast feedback to other engineers to allow us to quickly iterate designs.
- Identify failure modes, and how they relate to specific elements of design or the manufacturing process
- Drive continuous improvement and best practice for testing and evaluation.
Qualifications and training
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree or postgraduate degree level in Electronics, Engineering, Physics or a related subject. A certified LabVIEW developer would be advantageous.
Skills and experience
- Hands on experience of electronic test equipment including oscilloscopes, power supplies, digital pattern generators, and waveform generators
- Previous experience of PXI test systems (advantage)
- Samples of experience in remotely controlling instruments through scripting in Python, LabVIEW or similar
- Familiarity with statistical methods and software tools for data analysis
- Understanding of thin film electronics (advantage)
- A strong understanding of electronics and its core principles
- A strong ability to solve technical problems with many different variables
- A strong ability to work to tight deadlines and progress multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and part of a team
This is an excellent opportunity for the right person to join a rapidly-developing team in an exciting period of growth across the company.