PragmatIC is seeking a Research and Development Technician to join its expanding R&D Team in Sedgefield. The R&D Technician will support development activities including pilot line device fabrication, metrology and electrical test, working closely with the Process Engineering and Test teams. This role is a great entry opportunity into the field of flexible electronics, with the potential to learn and advance while supporting PragmatIC's novel integrated circuits technology.
Reporting to the R&D Director, key responsibilities will include:
- Support device fabrication, metrology and failure analysis activities using techniques such as SEM, AFM and ellipsometry
- Periodic prioritisation and coordination of test samples to achieve the intended key objective in terms of sample preparation, measurements and tool availability
- Carry out and support set up for electrical characterisation of devices and circuits
- Successful demonstration of the collection of required test data and transfer to an automated test
- Document and present work undertaken in an effective manner
- Defining complete and comprehensive summaries of technical activities
Qualifications and training
The successful candidate will ideally be qualified to degree level in Electronics or a similar discipline, or will already be working at Technician level.
Skills and experience
- Experience with microfabrication and metrology techniques including photolithography, dry and wet etching, PVD, ALD, SEM, AFM, ellipsometry etc (advantageous)
- Experience with semiconductor physics and fabrication techniques (advantageous)
- Experience in carrying out DC and AC electrical tests (advantageous)
- Ability to generate reproducible metrology and test reports using Excel, R, Python etc
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Curiosity and willingness to learn
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and ability to progress multiple projects in parallel
This is an excellent opportunity to join a busy, growing function which is developing novel, cutting-edge technology - please apply via the link below.